5 Feet of 2.6mm round, braided cotton replacement wicks for oil lamps and lanterns. Cut to needs. Fits Firefly Aura Petite, Bliss Petite, Transcend, Ethereal, Zen, Zen Petite, Tea Lights, and all Votives. Not intended for tiki torches. Firefly Pillar Candles use a 3.6mm wick. Please completely soak the wick before using; otherwise, you will burn the wick and not the fuel which will make you sad. We send a PDF attached to our "Tips" email which provides detailed information on how to thread the wick into a Firefly Wick Holder. There are also videos on the internet. The wick should protrude from the aluminum collar only slightly. Believe me, the flame will grow within 5 minutes. And, if you do need to adjust the wick, blow out the flame and wait 5 minutes or so because the aluminum collar gets super hot and will burn your fingers. Place the wick in the fuel and let it soak for a minute or two before lighting. If you find that the wick is actually burning and producing smoke, then you probably have the wick way too high. It should be no higher than just slightly above the wick holder. Less is better and the flame will grow as I said above. You will know when the wick needs to be trimmed because its performance will degrade. To trim, simply twist and push up. Cut off the scorched area and then be sure to untwist the wick. If you do not untwist the wick, the wick will again perform poorly.
Be sure to scroll down to "PRODUCT INFORMATION". To the right of the page you will see "Technical Specifications". There you will find our "User's Guide".
- This 2.6mm wick (1/10" wide) is used in all Firefly Oil Lamps with the exclusion of the Pillar Candles which use the 3.6mm Wick. Round Cotton Replacement Wicks for Oil Lamps, Lanterns and Candles. 5 Ft. long.
- If you are using the wick in a non-Firefly Oil Lamp, please call the manufacturer of your oil lamp to determine the correct replacement wick size. The Material is Cotton. 2.6mm = 1/10 of an inch. These wicks are intended for oil candles. They are not intended for tiki torches.
- Top Quality. Our Company Niche is Lamp Oil, Oil Lamps, Lanterns and Candles. Be sure to scroll down to "PRODUCT INFORMATION". To the right of the page you will see "Technical Specifications". There you will find our "User's Guide".
- SPECIAL NOTE: We Cut the Wicks to 5 ft. in our Facility. Minor Shrinkage Can Occur. If you are looking for Wine Bottle Wicks, we sell them on Amazon here... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KKMHMBM
- For Use in Oil Lamps, Lanterns and Candles Requiring a Round Wick. This is NOT recommended for tiki lamps, torches or wine bottles. The fuel source you use should be a high-quality lamp oil like Firefly CLEAN Lamp, Safe & Green or Paraffin Lamp Oil. SPECIAL NOTE: The wick is not intended for use with Vegetable Oils. Please completely soak the wick before using; otherwise, you will burn the wick and not the fuel which will make you sad.